Graduate students in good standing may apply for the annual Ruth Fellowship. One student will be selected to receive a $1,500 research fellowship to engage in a concentrated 3 week summer research program with the Army Heritage Center Foundation (AHCF) at the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center (USAHEC) in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. Funding for the award is graciously provided by AHCF Board Member, Christopher Gleason, in memory of and to honor the service of two members of his family.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are not limited to topics of military history but may apply to work on any topic that can be supported by the USAHEC collection. Applicants are encouraged to consult USAHEC's online catalog and identify resources they would like to utilize for their research and include in their application. To apply, please submit an application packet containing the following:
- A letter of interest including:
- Your full name and contact information
- Your current educational level and educational institution
- Your academic field and concentration
- Name and contact information
- Desired time period of Fellowship (3 week period in the summer)
- Area of research
- Descriptions of resources you intend to utilize, should you receive a fellowship
- A recommendation from your advisor
- A writing sample
Applications are due to the Foundation by February 28 for review. Recipients will be notified by April 15.