Museum Store Sales Associate
Part-time sales position responsible for daily sales in the Museum Store and providing excellent customer service. Completes daily merchandise sales of product as well as proper and accurate operation of the point of sale system. Ensures timely and accurate opening and closing of the Store with consistent completion of daily paperwork. Ensures daily cleaning and merchandising of the store and products. Must have flexible work schedule to ensure proper coverage at all times, weekend hours will be required. Assists with any other projects that arise. Reports to the Store Manager.
- Provide excellent customer service. This can be accomplished by greeting visitors in numerous ways. Promote other museum activities through the greetings. Must be able to smile and be courteous under all conditions. Must be able to follow all policies of the Store.
- Demonstrate and “play” with product on an ongoing basis to increase sales. Products demonstrated must be relevant to drive sales in the Store.
- Assist in Merchandise and re-Merchandise of product to maximize sales and sales per square foot. Assist Store Manager in changing and cleaning displays frequently as well as window displays to reflect scheduled museum activities, galleries and exhibits.
- Work under the direction of the Store Manager. Responsible for selling on the floor and keeping traffic flow at the register rapid.
- Must be able to open and close the Store accurately and according to all security guidelines. Store must open on time and look sharp every day. Close the Store by counting money correctly, filling out paperwork accurately and completing all computer functions. Be able to solve minor computer problems.
- Have and promote continuous working knowledge of all technical changes. Make sure projects are completed in a timely manner. Be able to answer questions with knowledge and have patience to work with each co-worker when specific questions and/or problems arise.
- Be aware of and promote the importance of meeting or exceeding all sales goals.
- Assist Store Manager in adding new product and books to the online store website, as well as finalizing an online order and getting it to the post office in a timely manner.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Retail sales experience preferred, but related sales or service experience considered.
- Basic understanding of business math and inventory control is required.
- Must possess the proven ability to operate a point of sale system and make accurate transactions involving cash, checks, and credit cards.
- Must be outgoing and enthusiastic. Must be flexible, dependable, organized and efficient. Must show initiative in all aspects of the job.
- Must be able to walk, stand, stoop, bend, reach, lift and crouch; occasional prolonged walking and standing; frequent lifting up to fifty (50) lbs. and occasional lifting of fifty (50) lbs. or more.
- Must be responsible for restocking merchandise, cold beverage case, and candy/snack display daily at Store closing.
- Must perform housekeeping duties; daily sweeping, dusting, cleaning glass case, disinfecting, etc.
- Must be willing to submit to background check and drug urinalysis-screening.
- Monitor inventory at all times to ensure low shrinkage in the Store. Must participate in physical inventory counts (December 31st).
- Be available to work weekends, extended hours and special events as needed.
- Attend required Sales and Team meetings.
- Transport merchandise and inventory from location to location, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Position is between ten (10) hours to twenty (20) hours per week (Monday through Sunday). Hours may be adjusted to meet seasonal requirements.
Application: Submit cover letter, résumé, and names and contact information for three current professional references to Operations Officer, Army Heritage Center Foundation, PO Box 839, Carlisle, PA 17013. E-mail: email@example.com; Fax 717-258-1576. Résumé review will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Researcher For Hire
The Army Heritage Center Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization supporting the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center, is currently seeking several Researchers-for-Hire to conduct onsite research at the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center (USAHEC). This research supports unofficial, off-site patrons.
Researchers-for-Hire serve as independent contractors and are not employees of the Foundation or the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center. Individuals are contracted on a per-project basis, which is often sporadic. These positions are not permanent. However, based on performance and interest, the Foundation may contract for additional projects. Applicants must be within driving distance of Carlisle, Pennsylvania to perform onsite research.
The Researcher-for-Hire must possess the skills to work with primary and secondary sources, archival materials, research catalogs, and collection inventories. The Researchers must be highly organized with the ability to synthesize information and produce results. They should also be able to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and deliver high quality, professional work products with minimal supervision.
- Evaluate the holdings at the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center
- Advise the Foundation and the Foundation’s client of the ability of USAHEC’s collection to support the research request
- Conduct research using USAHEC holdings based on specific patron requests
- Provide a work product that meets the Foundation’s clients’ requirements in a timely manner
- Stay organized, follow guidance, and produce consistent work product
- Meet all project deadlines
- Maintain availability throughout project duration
- Completion of a graduate history degree, experience working with archives and historical collections, or convincing equivalent experience
- Ability to research, analyze and synthesize a wide variety of documents and information
- Must have a high degree of attention to detail and ability to master information quickly
- Open availability during project time period to complete the project by established deadline
- Able to execute projects from start to finish
- Highly responsible and self-motivated; requiring minimal supervision
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree or higher from accredited institution with a major in History, with a graduate degree in Military History preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years of historical research and writing experience with archival experience preferred
Send cover letter, resume, and names and phone numbers/email addresses of three references to:
Amanda Neal, Office Manager
Army Heritage Center Foundation
Carlisle, PA 17013
The Army Heritage Center Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.