Researcher For Hire
The Army Heritage Center Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization supporting the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center, is currently seeking several Researchers-for-Hire to conduct onsite research at the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center (USAHEC). This research supports unofficial, off-site patrons.
Researchers-for-Hire serve as independent contractors and are not employees of the Foundation or the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center. Individuals are contracted on a per-project basis and these positions are not permanent. However, based on performance and interest, the Foundation may contract for additional projects.
The Researcher-for-Hire must possess the skills to work with primary and secondary sources, archival materials, research catalogs, and collection inventories. The Researchers must be highly organized with the ability to synthesize information and produce results. They should also be able to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and deliver high quality, professional work products with minimal supervision.
- Evaluate the holdings at the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center
- Advise the Foundation and the Foundation’s client of the ability of USAHEC’s collection to support the research request
- Conduct research using USAHEC holdings based on specific patron requests
- Provide a work product that meets the Foundation’s clients’ requirements in a timely manner
- Stay organized, follow guidance, and produce consistent work product
- Meet all project deadlines
- Maintain availability throughout project duration
- Completion of a graduate history degree, experience working with archives and historical collections, or convincing equivalent experience
- Ability to research, analyze and synthesize a wide variety of documents and information
- Must have a high degree of attention to detail and ability to master information quickly
- Open availability during project time period to complete the project by established deadline
- Able to execute projects from start to finish
- Highly responsible and self-motivated; requiring minimal supervision
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree or higher from accredited institution with a major in History, with a graduate degree in Military History preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years of historical research and writing experience with archival experience preferred
Send cover letter, resume, and names and phone numbers/email addresses of three references to:
Amanda Neal, Office Manager
Army Heritage Center Foundation
Carlisle, PA 17013
The Army Heritage Center Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.