High School Intern Programs
The Foundation offers two intern programs for junior and senior high school students: School-to-Career and High School Senior Project.
- For juniors or seniors who want to experience working in a history-related career
- Enhances an academic curriculum with an experiential component
High School Senior Project Internship
- For students who want to engage in a history-related project and work environment
- Fulfills junior- or senior-year internship experience required by many school districts
To apply, contact the Foundation’s Education Department.
Undergraduate and Graduate Internships
The Foundation offers several college-level internships during academic semesters and in the summer. Students entering their junior or senior year in an accredited undergraduate program and students in an accredited graduate program are encouraged to apply. Internships are unpaid. Approved expenses related to projects are reimbursed.
- Responsibilities: Assist the Foundation in its campaign to raise awareness and funds to support the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center. Assist in preparation of newsletters and other communications to local and national constituents of the Foundation and all aspects of the Foundation’s social media presence.
- Experience/Skills: Excellent writing and verbal skills necessary. Research experience desired. Experience with museums and/or other non-profits is beneficial.
- To apply: Send letter of interest and recommendation, resume, and a writing sample to Amanda Neal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Responsibilities: Assist the Education Director and Assistant in managing the Education Department’s programs including but not limited to: National History Day in Pennsylvania, The Voices of the Past Speak to the Future Veteran’s Oral History Project, and Voices of the Past Speak to the Future website development. Duties include coordinating with students, teachers, and school administrators; state and local officials; and administrators at other educational institutions and organizations. Additional duties may include collating dates, transcribing interviews, scanning documents and images, and basic historical research and writing.
- Experience/Skills: Training and experience in the field of secondary education, history, political science or other Liberal Arts and Sciences background. A passion for working with students and desire to explore innovative educational approaches. Students currently seeking Pennsylvania Teacher Certification in Social Studies or a related field are strongly encouraged to apply.
- To apply: Send a letter of interest, resume, and two writing samples (subject research papers) to Jeff Hawks at email@example.com.
- Responsibilities: Identify resources in the Center’s research collections and the Army Heritage Museum to portray the biographies, events, and themes the Foundation is developing. Evaluate resources, create glossaries, and identify related photos, artifacts, and maps in relation to the theme. Compile bibliographies of primary and secondary sources using the Chicago Manual of Style. Draft short articles on research topics as directed. Assist in the planning of teacher’s workshops and seminars. Develop lesson plans in relation to the resources already developed or those in production. Assist in the placement of materials supplementary to current education products on the website.
- Majors Desired: Education, History, Journalism, Liberal Arts
- To apply: Send a letter of interest, resume, and two articles written that would support the application to Jeff Hawks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Responsibilities: Assist in researching, developing and implementing an internet marketing strategy. Assist in the development of a comprehensive strategy to increase online donations using direct contact, social media resources and viral marketing. Assist in developing a marketing strategy to build a robust online sales program for the museum store and educational products.
- Majors Desired: Marketing, Business
- To apply: Send letter of interest, resume, and two articles or examples of brochures/promotional pieces written that would support the application to Amanda Neal at email@example.com.