A Researcher-for-Hire service is provided to assist patrons who are unable to conduct on-site research at the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center (USAHEC). The Army Heritage Center Foundation provides this fee-for-service to support the expanded public understanding of the role of the Soldier and the U.S. Army in our Nation’s history.
Researchers-for-Hire are independent contractors, not employees, agents or representatives of the USAHEC and its components or of the Foundation. While each researcher has been vetted by the Foundation, the USAHEC and other federal agencies are unable to attest to the quality of the contractor’s research. Research clients who are dissatisfied with their researcher’s final product should advise the Army Heritage Center Foundation.
NOTE: The US Army Heritage and Education Center does not have individual personnel records. Those materials are maintained at the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis, Missouri. The link to their site is National Personnel Records Center.
The Army Heritage Center Foundation will coordinate the services outlined below for individual patrons on the following fee-for-service basis:
- Fee: $40.00 payable in advance.
- Includes a search of the research catalog; the index of reference bibliographies, finding aides, and collection inventories; and other publicly available research aides.
- Provides a summary that responds to the specific research inquiry or that describes the scope of additional research that will be required.
- Includes up to 10 pages of document reproduction.
- Initial assessment to be provided with two weeks.
- Please print off the attached Researcher-for-Hire request form and mail the request and payment to the Army Heritage Center Foundation, Researcher-for-Hire, P.O. Box 839, Carlisle, PA 17013, or make an online credit card payment, via Visa or Mastercard. *We do not accept Discover or American Express.
- Requires a preliminary assessment of holdings as described above.
- Fee: $35.00 per hour based upon agreement with the remote patron on the number of hours of research required. Payment of one-half of expected hours is to be provided in advance. Reproduction charges are extra in accordance with the USAHEC Reading Room Fee Structure.
- *Completed Research product will be provided upon receipt of final payment and reproduction charges.
- Timeline for completion of research will be negotiated.
Fees to support corporations, news organizations or others that require researchers on a reduced timeline are subject to negotiations.