Your planned gift — through your will, a life insurance policy, a trust, or a gift of property– to the Army Heritage Center Foundation will enable the Foundation to enhance the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center (USAHEC) in Carlisle, Pennsylvania and its efforts in “Telling the Army Story…One Soldier at a Time.”®
USAHEC honors the service and sacrifice of Soldiers and their Families by sharing their personal stories; preserving and making publicly available their artifacts and archival materials for study; and educating and inspiring visitors and the U.S. Army by promoting a greater understanding of U.S. history through the experience of its Soldiers and its Army.
The Army Heritage Center Foundation leads a public-private partnership that supports the development of USAHEC. The Foundation funds the construction of public facilities on the campus, promotes USAHEC and its programs, and enhances programs where federal funds are not available or appropriate.
Those that support the Foundation through a planned gift receive a silver Washingtonburg Society Coin and presentation case as pictured above.
Types of Planned Gifts:
- Bequests are the most popular type of planned gift. You can retain assets for your lifetime and then leave a gift to the Foundation in your will.
- Retirement Assets may be subject to taxation if left to anyone other than a spouse. By designating the Foundation as the recipient of any benefits remaining in your retirement plan or accounts, you may reduce the taxes on those assets.
- Life Insurance Policies can be used to make a gift. The simplest way is to name the Foundation as the beneficiary of your policy. There are several other ways to use a life insurance policy to support the Foundation. Talk with your advisor to determine the best option for your estate.
- Charitable Gift Annuities are an agreement between you and the Foundation that provides you with regular fixed payments annually (an annuity) for life in exchange for transferring assets to the Foundation.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts are an agreement between you and a trustee that can provide fixed or variable income to meet your specific financial needs. At the termination of the trust, the remaining assets are passed to the Foundation.
For assistance in determining which type of legacy gift is right for you, please contact the Foundation at 717-258-1102. We also recommend you consult with your family and your financial, legal, or tax professional to make sure your needs and wishes are met.